Parental Alienation Syndrome
Brainwashing & Making the Other Parent Look Bad
Divorce is between the two parents, but sometimes a parent will use divorce issues
to drive a wedge between the other parent and the child in hopes of destroying
the existing relationship between them. Restructuring a family always
brings confusion, but healthy parents use their time to reassure their
children, not alienate them from the other parent. If you are a mother
or father and feel you have been the victim of parental alienation, we
at Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation can help.
Some signs of parental alienation include:
- Your child acts differently around one parent.
- Your child "protects" the other parent.
- Your child starts to really rebel against the visiting party and their family.
- You are being refused access to school or medical records and schedules.
- A parent is refusing to be flexible with the visitation schedule.
Need help? Call (310) 984-1411 to schedule an
Beverly Hills Divorce Attorneys Protecting Parental Rights
Most parents are concerned with the best interests of the child—and
it is never in the child's best interests to denigrate the other parent.
Unfortunately, parental alienation still happens. Being alienated from
your parental role is slow and painful. Always keep aware and guard against
the wedge, which can be so subtle that you never see it until it's too late.
If parental alienation is happening in your family, we can help you in
the following ways:
- Has your ex made accusations of child brainwashing against you? Do you
feel you are a victim of parental alienation syndrome? There are community
education programs and seminars that can help you and your ex understand
how to interact with your children.
- Your children need to know about the divorce and the fact that your family
is changing. A child should not be used, however, as a confidant to air
issues. We have some suggestions about what to tell the children, and
we can refer you to appropriate resources.
- Custody evaluations are an important part of the custody decision process.
Our attorneys can guide you through the process and help you prepare for
the evaluation interviews.
We want to help you get through this period of time with as little pain
as possible. Because our law firm is focused on family law, we have the
experience to guide you to the right resources.
Retain our firm's top-notch legal services in Beverly Hills to make sure your divorce is final and fair.