En Español Los Angeles Divorce Lawyer

Child Support Modifications

How Do I Make a Change to an Existing Support Order?

At Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation, we can assist you with seeking a modification to your existing child support order if circumstances have significantly changed. Perhaps you lost your job or were forced to accept a lower-paying position. Perhaps the other parent gained a much higher-paying job and is now able to contribute more. Perhaps you remarried and now have stepchildren to support in addition to your biological children. Perhaps your child's needs have changed and his or her care-related expenses have increased. We will carefully review your case. If a modification is possible, we will help you seek one from the appropriate California family law court.

Thinking About Modifying Your Child Support Order?

California child support orders are based on parents' financial situations and circumstances at the time of their divorce. In the years that follow, a wide array of substantial changes in circumstances may justify modification of those orders. While we at Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation primarily focus on divorce representation and development of prenuptial agreements, we also take action for people in need of post-divorce modifications. We can readily assess your case—whether you want a modification or need to defense against one—and provide guidance.

The most common reasons to seek modification of child support include:

  • A significant increase or unavoidable decrease in either parent's income
  • Agreed-upon or litigated changes in the child custody and visitation arrangement
  • Parental relocation, adding significantly to the expenses for visitation
  • Major changes in children's financial needs due to health problems or other serious causes

Consult with Our Proven Beverly Hills Child Support Attorneys

People who try to handle modifications informally without legal counsel take serious risks. Ex-spouses may be willing to make trade-offs at one point but decide later to enforce the letter of the law, for example - and unpaid child support is never a forgivable debt. Whether you are dealing with complex life changes involving your children, believe your ex-spouse is hiding income, or have other serious concerns, we encourage you to contact us for counsel on your legal rights and options. We welcome clients from all throughout Los Angeles County, CA.

Explore your options during an initial consultation. Call us at (310) 984-1411!

Accolades & Associations

Matters as important as those concerning your family should only be entrusted to a proven, recognized legal team. At Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation, you'll be represented by respected attorneys whose winning strategies and high ratings have earned us the recognition of past clients and professional peers alike.