Facing Verbal & Emotional Abuse?
You and your child deserve to be safe from emotional and verbal abuse.
California law provides protections for those at risk from this often
overlooked form of domestic violence. At Stolar & Associates, A Professional
Law Corporation, our Beverly Hills domestic violence protection attorneys
will help you get the domestic restraining order and other help you need
to make the abuse stop.
When recommending a course of action, we will consider the following factors:
- What is your relationship to your abuser?
- What are your long-term goals and short-term needs?
- What is the nature of the emotional or verbal abuse?
- Are your children observing your abuse?
- Is your child the victim of verbal abuse?
Don't tolerate verbal or emotional abuse. Call us at (310) 984-1411 for an
What Constitutes Verbal or Emotional Abuse?
Verbal or emotional abuse is based on power and control. It can take a
variety of forms and it is important that your petition to the court for
a restraining order be worded carefully. It is common for verbal and emotional
abuse to accompany physical violence and sexual abuse. Battered women
syndrome is an example of an extreme reaction to years of abuse. Children
also suffer when observing a parent or sibling being abused.
Some elements of an emotionally or verbally abusive relationship include:
- You are manipulated into feeling guilty when you have done nothing wrong
- You are constantly or frequently anxious and afraid to upset your abuser
- Your abuser controls or restricts your contact with your friends and family
- Your abuser coerces you into performing humiliating tasks or sexual acts
- Your abuser calls you worthless, ugly, stupid, or in other ways makes you
- Your abuser publicly humiliates you
Seek the Knowledgeable Guidance of Our Family Lawyers
Our approachable law firm has been helping clients in area courts for over
30 years. We know what key elements a judge will look for in a petition
for an emergency protective order or temporary restraining order. If your
family is involved in a cycle of abuse, it is extremely important that
you take action to protect yourself and your children.
Call our Beverly Hills office to begin seeking the protection you need.