En Español Los Angeles Divorce Lawyer

Post-Decree Modifications

Does your child want to spend more time with you? Has your ex received a raise in pay? If circumstances have changed significantly since your spousal support, child support, custody, or visitation order was issued, the court will consider a request for post-decree modification. We at Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation represent individuals before, during, and after divorce. We can help you pursue the post-decree modification you need to reflect your situation's new circumstances.

Will Modifying a Custody or Support Order Affect Your Child?

Our dedicated law firm has been representing parents in Southern California courts for over 30 years. As your Beverly Hills divorce attorneys, we will help you consider all your legal options, including a variety of parenting plans. We will discuss how a change will affect your relationship with your child and how it will affect your financial security.

After you have decided how to proceed, we will frame an argument to present your position in the strongest way. If you feel your child is at risk if he or she returns to the other parent's home, we will request that the court take immediate action while the matter is investigated.

Reasons a Court May Grant a Post-Decree Modification

The court may grant an order for post-decree modification for a variety of reasons:

  • There has been a significant change in income (yours or your ex's).
  • Your child's needs have changed due to medical expenses, a special class, or an activity.
  • Your child has grown to a stage where a change in custody will benefit the child.
  • The custodial parent is relocating and a change will allow the child to remain.
  • The custodial parent is moving, a move-away order has been issued allowing the parent to take the child out of state, and a different custody and visitation arrangement is needed.
  • A child's school hours, sports, or other activities require a change in the parenting plan.

Need to Modify an Alimony Order? Call (310) 984-1411!

If the terms of your divorce or dissolution of domestic partnership include a provision for alimony and either you or your ex's needs or resources have changed significantly since the decree, you may be eligible for modification of the spousal support decree. We can help you take the necessary measures required to petition for a modification of spousal support.

Each family and each situation is unique. Contact us for the personalized legal strategy you need for a higher chance of success.

Accolades & Associations

Matters as important as those concerning your family should only be entrusted to a proven, recognized legal team. At Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation, you'll be represented by respected attorneys whose winning strategies and high ratings have earned us the recognition of past clients and professional peers alike.