Facing Verbal And Emotional Abuse?
You and your child deserve to be safe from emotional and verbal abuse. California law provides protections for those at risk from this often-overlooked form of domestic violence. I am Steven Stolar, a Beverly Hills domestic violence protection attorney who can help you get the domestic restraining order and other help you need to make the abuse stop.
When recommending a course of action at my firm, Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation, I will consider the following factors:
- What is your relationship to your abuser?
- What are your long-term goals and short-term needs?
- What is the nature of the emotional or verbal abuse?
- Are your children observing your abuse?
- Is your child the victim of verbal abuse?
Don’t tolerate verbal or emotional abuse. Call my firm at 310-800-2132 for an initial consultation.
What Constitutes Verbal Or Emotional Abuse?
Verbal or emotional abuse is based on power and control. It can take a variety of forms and it is important that your petition to the court for a restraining order be worded carefully. It is common for verbal and emotional abuse to accompany physical violence and sexual abuse. Battered women syndrome is an example of an extreme reaction to years of abuse. Children also suffer when observing a parent or sibling being abused.
Some elements of an emotionally or verbally abusive relationship include:
- You are manipulated into feeling guilty when you have done nothing wrong
- You are constantly or frequently anxious and afraid to upset your abuser
- Your abuser controls or restricts your contact with your friends and family
- Your abuser coerces you into performing humiliating tasks or sexual acts
- Your abuser calls you worthless, ugly, stupid, or in other ways makes you feel inferior
- Your abuser publicly humiliates you
Seek The Knowledgeable Guidance Of A Family Law Lawyer
My approachable law firm has been helping clients in area courts for 35 years. I know what key elements a judge will look for in a petition for an emergency protective order or temporary restraining order. If your family is involved in a cycle of abuse, it is extremely important that you take action to protect yourself and your children.
Call my Beverly Hills office to begin seeking the protection you need.