Understanding Your Rights

Grandparents' Rights Attorneys

Serving Families Throughout Los Angeles, CA

Grandparents are often forgotten in a divorce. The children's parents are concerned about their own parenting time, child support, and other divorce issues such as division of marital property. What are the grandparents' rights? Do grandparents have a right to visitation? Grandparents' rights are an evolving area of the law. If you are concerned about your grandchildren and your ability to maintain a relationship with them, Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation can help.

Become better informed during an initial case evaluation. Call us at (310) 984-1411.

How Do Family Law Courts View Grandparents' Rights?

Feelings can run high in a divorce. Parents are confused and even angry. That anger may be directed against grandma and grandpa. Grandparents' rights are not guaranteed in California law. If both parents do not want you to see your grandchildren, a judge would need strong reasons to overcome that decision. Our family lawyers can help represent your best interests.

Here are some questions a judge will consider when deciding on legal issues:

  • Have you been involved in the support and care of your grandchild? - Many grandparents have stepped in and taken over the care of their grandchildren when the parents are unable or unwilling to care for them.
  • What is in the best interests of the child? - This is a question the family court judge will always use to make a decision about children. Will the child be better off by having regular visits with the grandparents?

Have Questions? Contact Us at Stolar & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation Today!

Talk to our Beverly Hills legal team about your concerns regarding your grandchildren. We will explain your options and help you decide what actions you should take and guide you throughout the entire process. We wish to help you continue having a relationship with your grandchildren.

For more information about how we can assist you,
please give our office a call.

We Treat Our Clients Like Family

  • I'm thanking God I contacted your firm!

    “Thank you both for all of your help. I'm thanking God I contacted your firm!”

  • "My case was completely solved in 30 days"

    “I had been to 4 different lawyers in 12 months. They could not get my case done for a year. Mr. Stolar got the case and in 30 days it was out of my life. This firm is excellent, they get the job done fast.”

  • "Mr. Stolar knows how to get the most for his clients."

    “I felt like I was the number one priority for them. They got the most for my children from a father. My ed didn't want to give our children anything. Mr. Stolar knows how to get the most for his clients. Thanks!!!!”

  • "These guys are the best!"

    “I had 5 different lawyers during my 6 year divorce. None of the other firms could get me visitations with my son or finalize my divorce.”

  • "Professional representation and high ethical and professional standards"

    “I have had the good fortune to meet attorney Steven Stolar and would surely recommend him to anyone who needs an attorney in the field of family law and related issues.”

  • Lawyers of Distinction
  • Lead Counsel Rated
  • Avvo Clients' Choice Award, Divorce
  • The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers
  • Nation's Top  1% 2018
  • Beverly Hills Bar
  • Avvo 10.0 Superb Top Attorney Family
  • ABA